The drought in Cape Town has forced many of us to rethink what we put down our drains – mostly because that water is reused to flush toilets or water gardens.
Whether you’re running a grey water system or just tipping a bucket, it’s worth swopping to biodegradable cleaning and shower products.
It’s pretty easy to switch up your shower products for more environmentally-friendly alternatives. I’ve rounded up a couple of products I’ve found from brands I enjoy, that are also complete biodegradable.*
I have reviewed some of these products already and have added links to those posts if you want to read more.
Did I miss something? I would love to add to this list so feel free to pop recommendations in the comments section below.
- Dermaceutic, dermaceutic.co.za
- Lulu & Marula, luluandmarula.co.za
- Balancing Cleansing Balm R330 for 100g
- Balancing Cleansing Bar R100 for 120g
- Purifying Mask & Polish R360 for 100ml
- Nourishing Mask & Polish R360 for 100ml
- Team Dr Joseph, futurethis.co.za
- Purifying Cleansing Gel, R400 for 200ml
- Daily Cleansing Milk, R380 for 200ml
- Exfoliating Facial Scrub, R400 for 50ml
- Gentle Make Up Remover, R320 for 50ml
- Skin Creamery, skincreamery.co.za
- Facial Cleansing Powder, R260 for 40g
- Oil-Milk Cleanser, R320 for 200ml
- Eco Diva, ecodiva.co.za
- Anti-Aging Face Wash, R320 for 200ml
- Ecofoliant Skin Polish, R375
- Pure Beginnings Organic Care Refreshing Shave Crème R104,95 for 150ml, purebeginnings.co.za
- Earthsap Body Wash Citrus and Ginger R71 for 400ml, select retailers, health shops and faithful-to-nature.co.za
- Kahve Body Scrubs R280 for 225g, kahve.com
- Pure Beginnings Revitalizing Body Wash R98,95 for 250ml, purebeginnings.co.za
Shampoos & Conditioners
- Noughty Haircare R149,95, Clicks
- Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner R465 for 300ml, scarhair.co.za
- Earthsap Shampoo & Conditioner from R60 each, select retailers, health shops and faithful-to-nature.co.za
- Eco Diva Calming Shampoo R275, ecodiva.co.za
- Pure Beginnings Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner R109,95 each, purebeginnings.co.za
- The Victorian Garden Shampoo & Conditioner from R112,50, thevictoriangarden.co.za
*Biodegradability claims are based on information I received from brands. And no, not all brands claim to be biodegradable.