TRESemmé is giving away a hamper valued at R250 AND a Superbalist voucher worth R250! Whoop! Scroll down for details.
This look was inspired by one that the TRESemmé team created for Charles Youssef at the recent New York Fashion Week show. I have adapted it to make it simpler and easier to do each day.
If you have long hair you can bring the twists together to create a larger twisted bun and secure that with pins. Since I have short hair I simply overlapped the two pieces and secured them with three bobby pins to create a triangle detail.
This has become my go-t0 look for summer. I hope you like it!
Step by Step
- For this look I started by washing my hair with the new TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system (R96,99 each)
- Next I applied the Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximiser (R85,99) to damp hair, which helps to create texture and body.
- I also worked through some of the Beauty-Full Volume Mousse (R79,99) for added volume.
- Finally I prepped my hair with the TRESemmé Heat Defence Styling Spray (R85,99) to prevent damage from my styling tools.
- Next, roughly blow dry your hair to enhance the texture.
- Part your hair down the middle.
- Section off the top half and clip it out of the way.
- Curl the bottom layers of hair using a curling tong (or straightener if you prefer)
- Unclip the top layers and continue to curl.
- Twist a section from your ear backwards, adding little bits of hair as your work your way back – kind of like a French-braid. Don’t make the twist too thick or you’ll struggle to pin them at the end.
- Repeat on the other side of your head.
- Cross the two twists at the back of your head and secure with three bobby pins to create a triangle shape.
- Add more curls to the loose hair if you prefer.
- Fix the twist with TRESemmé Salon Finish Extra Hold hairspray (R85,99 for 500ml)
TRESemmé is giving away a hamper valued at R1000 AND a Superbalist voucher worth R250! To enter, share your favourite summer hairstyle with me. Messy bun? Beach waves? Ponytail? Super sleek? Pop it in the comments section below or pop me a mail at email@example.com. Entries close 25 November.
This post has been sponsored by TRESemmé